Beer Me: February 2, 2016 – February 8, 2016
Here’s a roundup of the latest in craft-beer-related-Broncos news:
- Spangalang Brewery brewed Orange Crushsickle
- Strange Craft Beer Co. made a bet with NoDa Brewing in Charlotte
- Little Machine Beer went robot y robot with Wooden Robot Brewery
- Coda Brewing Co. ordered a small run of orange + blue growlers and will be filling them up ½ price on Saturday
- Native son TJ Miller will be appearing in a Super Bowl ad. Unfortunately, he’s shilling for AB-InBev’s Shock Top. Not a craft beer. Speaking of…will Budweiser once again needle dudes with mustaches for “fussing” over beer? TBD.
- Watch parties will be happening at Platt Park Brewing Co., Diebolt Brewing Co., Factotum Brewhouse, Ratio Beerworks, Fiction Beer Co., Tivoli Brewing Co., Beryl’s Beer Co., Lost Highway Brewing Co., Epic Brewing Co., Rackhouse Pub, Denver Beer Co., Kokopelli Beer Co., Elk Mountain Brewing, Boggy Draw Brewery, Two22 Brew, 38 State Brewing Co., Big Choice Brewing, Avery Brewing Co., Barnett & Son Brewing Co., and Golden City Brewery.
And now, some non-Super Bowl related beer events for the week…
Each month, Copper Kettle picks a theme and offers a new brew each week on cask. In February, the secret ingredient is Decadent Chocolate and the first brew is Chocolate Coconut Milk Stout , brewed with sweet chocolate and fresh coconut.
24 bars across 9 states will tap Melvin Brewing’s 2×4 Imperial IPA , including Hops & Pie at 2pm and Falling Rock at 5:30pm. The Double IPA has won gold at GABF, WBC, NABA and the Alpha King Championship. Despite being 10% ABV with 100+ IBUs, 2×4 is a surprisingly balanced brew with pine, citrus, and tropical fruit notes.
It’s Firkin Stout Month at Dry Dock Brewing Company! Stout Month, which originated at Mountain Sun Brewing Company in Boulder, is now an annual statewide tradition. Dry Dock is celebrating with a month full of specialty stout firkins at each of their locations. A Horchata Breakfast Stout kicks things off at its South location.
Backcountry in Boulder is celebrating 5 years by turning over all 68 taps to an insane lineup of beers. There will be selections from Melvin Brewing (more 2X4!), Russian River, Evil Twin, The Bruery, Crooked Stave, Hill Farmstead (!!!) and many, many more from Colorado, the nation, and the world. See the full lineup here.
Only 40 cases of this golden sour aged on Cabernet Sauvignon pomace (what’s left over after grapes are pressed) from Leap of Faith Winery will be available for sale and limited to four bottles per person. Come early or be sad!
Sunday, February 7, 2016 @ 1 – 3pm: Puppy Bowl
JK. Check the preamble for all your Broncos info…
Still thirsty? Use this handy map of Colorado breweries and other drinking establishments to plan your next adventure. Cheers.
Matt Sandy, a self-proclaimed “Beer Gadabout,” has been enjoying beer since he was of legal drinking age. Having been born across the pond where “legal drinking age” is a relative term, let’s just say he washed down a shandy or two while still in short pants. He moved to Denver in 2007 and immediately took up residency at the Great Divide taproom. Since then, he’s enjoyed exploring all of the craft corners of this great town and in this column will highlight weekly beer-related events that you should consider drinking in.