Beer Me: February 14, 2017 – February 20, 2017 – Valentine’s Day, Colorado Lager, and Barrel-Aged Beers
If you still haven’t made Valentine’s Day plans, it probably means you’re going to be spending it alone. Or, maybe you’ve been teasing a secret excursion to be revealed upon arrival, i.e. you haven’t made a plan yet but are hoping you think of something before the ruse is up.
Whatever camp you fall into, here are a couple craft beer related V-Day events:
- Dad & Dude’s Breweria will have $2 pints and $5 select appetizers all day long
- Denver Beer Co. is pairing beer and chocolate
- Kokopelli Beer Company will have a Valentine’s Day pizza dinner
- High Hops Brewery is releasing Moontime Stout, an aphrodisiac milk stout
- Rails End Beer Company will be offering 2-for-1 Honey Blondes
- New Image Brewing Company has a five-course dinner for two for just $35
- Stapleton Tap House will tap festive beers from Crooked Stave, Bell’s Brewery, and Breakside Brewery along with an Evil Twin/Westbrook Brewing Company collaboration
- Odd13 Brewing has a chocolate and beer pairing
- Wit’s End Brewing Company has a chocolate and beer pairing
- Ratio Beerworks will release Loveless Sour Raspberry Dark Saison in 750ML champagne-bottle format
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project will release Nightmare on Brett Raspberry aged in Leopold Bros. whiskey barrels
- C Squared Ciders will tap Ruby, a tart barrel-aged Montmorency cherry cider and the Rackhouse Pub will be hosting a 3-course, cider dinner to pair with Ruby at $60 per couple
- Resolute Brewing Co. will have an oyster and beer pairing
- Alpine Dog Brewing Co. brings back their popular oyster and beer pairing, featuring a lineup of Stouts
- Spangalang Brewery will release Barrel-Aged Nightwalker Imperial Stout with cocoa nibs and Love Supreme, a Belgian double with tart cherries, accompanied by live jazz
And for some other non-sentimental events this week…
Wednesday, February 15, 2017 @ 2 – 10pm: Tap into the Schwarzbier at Fiction Beer Co.
Back in the fall, Fiction won a silver medal at GABF in the German-Style Schwarzbier (or black beer) category. That beer, Alternate Present, was inspired by The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick and will be back on tap starting today.
Thursday, February 16, 2017 @ 2 – 10pm: 1916 Colorado Lager Can Release Party at Renegade Brewing Co.
Renegade is releasing their 1916 Colorado Lager—a nod to the year Prohibition was introduced—in six packs and throwing a party. Anyone through the door will get a 20oz 1916 mug and a free six-pack of the 1916 lager with the purchase of a full pour of 1916.
Friday, February 17, 2017 @ 3 – 10pm: B.A. Imperial Kentucky Common Bottle Release at Factotum Brewhouse
Factotum upped the ante on their Kentucky Common Ale, Second Kuzzins, with a six-month residency in bourbon barrels. They will release bottles of the Imperial brew as part of their two-year anniversary celebration, which also includes a food truck and live music.
Saturday, February 18 & Sunday, February 19, 2017: 5th Anniversary Party at River North Brewery
River North kicks off their two-day fifth-anniversary celebration at noon on Saturday with the release of their first American Double IPA in draft and bottles. They will also release their first hazy IPA, offer live music, and have a crawfish boil provided by Roaming Bull Brasserie. Sunday will see rotating cellar tappings throughout the day and the brewery will raffle off a chance to win a full Anniversary Ale vertical.
Saturday, February 18, 2017 @ 6 – 8pm: Casey Brewing and Blending Tap Takeover at Falling Rock Tap House
Casey Brewing and Blending will bring a bevy of their much sought-after blends to Falling Rock. The lineup includes kegs of The Cut: Blackberry (2016 Blend), The Cut: Elephant Heart Plum Leaner (2016 Blend), and Supreme Clientele, along with bottles of The Cut: Blackberry (2016 Blend), The Cut: Elephant Heart Plum, Fruit Stand: Cab Franc Grape, East Bank, and Santa Rosa Plum Casey Family Preserve.
Sunday, February 19, 2017 @ 11am – 11pm: Barrel-Aged Series Release at Avery Brewing Co.
Avery will release the 42nd brew in their barrel-aged beer series. Nox Reposado is a dark sour aged in Suerte reposado and Anejo Tequila barrels and carries hints of smoke and sweet tarts. $12 a bottle. They will also have some cellared Barrel-Aged Series favorites from the past on sale.
Still thirsty? Use this handy map of Colorado breweries and other drinking establishments to plan your next adventure. Cheers.
Matt Sandy, a self-proclaimed “Beer Gadabout” and Certified Beer Server, has been enjoying beer since he was of legal drinking age. Having been born across the pond where “legal drinking age” is a relative term, let’s just say he washed down a shandy or two while still in short pants. He moved to Denver in 2007 and immediately took up residency at the Great Divide taproom. Since then, he’s enjoyed exploring all of the craft corners of this great town and in this column will highlight weekly beer-related events that you should consider drinking in.